Saturday, September 01, 2007

First Day of School!

Since when did this happen? This was our conversation the other night as she was getting ready for bed.
"Daddy?"
"Yes, princess."
"Daddy, I don't want to grow up."
"Well, there are a lot of good things about growing up. You get to go to school and meet new friends. You get to drive a car and learn all sorts of neat things. Eventually, when you get old enough your mommy can't even tell you not to eat Oreo's for breakfast. That's cool, huh?"
"No, I mean if I grow up, that means you get old. Daddy, I don't want you to get old."
....Stunned silence as I contemplate my mortality in the darkness of a childs room....

I was struck by two things in this conversation.

1. My daughter is incredibly deep.

2. I cry much more easily than I let on.


No comment needed.

Well, everybody else seems to be doing something special to have their picture taken. I'm going to get in on this too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jawan said...

Gosh, the Tuckers are beautiful. We make good lookin' babies!

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home